The Secret Life of a Teacher, Part 1
It might not be as exciting as, say, being a Navy Seal or a pop star, but the life of a teacher has many surprising facets you probably never imagined. Over the weeks to come I will reveal all. Classrooms take on a life of their own. Part of it is supplied by the teacher. The character and personality-mix of the children furnish both hilarious and tender moments. They live here for 7 hours a day--more time with me than with their own parents--yet our relationship is unique. I only have them for one year. They start as recent 3rd graders and end the year about to enter 5th grade. So it's a big jump from little kid to big kid. Responsibility, as you can imagine, is one of my mottoes. And then of course I leap back in the fall to little kids again. It's a great life, a life fraught with its own dangers and miracles. It's a secret life. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment